CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, February 22, 2009

What Would You Do?


Recent events (with Jade Goody) have made me think a lot more about what I would do if the doctors told me I only had a short while left to live...perhaps a couple of months.

I suppose it is one of those questions you could not answer sincerely, as you have to actually be in that position for real to be able to associate it with your life.

Me? Well I am already married, so I wouldn't be able to do that. To be honest with you, I know I would waste a lot of my time in despair about leaving behind my two children, and with those in mind, I would probably move back to the UK pretty quick sharp. That way I would know that they had extra love and support from aunts, uncles, granny's, and grandads.

This is not turning out to be a very pleasant post is it? but I do think it has to be something that one must think about. Too many of us are of the mind that it will never happen to me/us/them, and I am often left wondering if my dad, who was in a similar position to dear Jade Goody, ever thought he would be leaving behind a young wife with two young-ish children.

I read a blog the other day that said life was too short for working hard, and I agree it is. On the other hand I had to disagree (as an adult) because in this life we are not able to live without earning an income, without putting in a lot of work to get something out of the rat race.

One thing is for sure; no matter what you think about Jade Goody, you must have sympathy for her and her children. If I were in her shoes I would be selling my story too, she is doing what every mother would, she is trying to create a stable financial future for her two young sons.

1 comments:

Hive said...

its true u would not do everything u want ,life and responsibilities would not let you live like this , but your all actions depend how sincere you are with your attachments , because there is a thin line between responsibility and burden.

 
Clicky Web Analytics