CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 2, 2009

DNA Test The Dog Dung


There is nothing worse than taking the kids out for a walk in the park, down by the beach, or just down the street, and constantly having to tell them to watch where they are walking because of the amount of dog Sh*t in the area. It's just disgusting...in fact it makes me feel physically sick.

When I came across this story today I just had to tell you about it.

German conservative MP Peter Stein has plans to end the mess dogs make on the streets in East Germany, by sending out officials to inspect the piles of dung on the street and test it's DNA to trace the canine culprit and fine it's owner.

Many countries now fine dog owners for not cleaning up after their pooches, however not very many ever get caught as the excuse of 'it wasn't my dog' is often used.

Now I think this is an excellent idea, but I am not convinced it could work. Can you imagine the cost implications in setting up a doggy DNA database and keeping it up to date!

Before I go any further I have to point out that I am not against dogs at all, in fact I have one of my own, but I don't see why I should have to clean excrement from my baby buggy wheels, or from the shoes of my seven year old every time we go to the playground.

If people are not prepared to pick up the crap their dogs leave behind, then maybe they shouldn't even have dogs at all.

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics