CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

In The Mornings

My normal morning routine;

The baby wakes me up, she's hungry. Still half asleep I walk into the kitchen and switch on the kettle, prepare baby cereal, walk into the living room turn on the television blah...blah...blah...

While I am trying to wake myself up the news is blaring out about the latest death toll in Afghanistan, the latest death toll of swine flu, the latest death toll of domestic violence victims, the latest death toll of a suicide bomber and the short prison sentences handed out to murdering yobs and child killers.

Wouldn't it be much nicer to wake up on a morning, eat breakfast and drink a cup of tea without being told about the ever increasing violence in the world.

Is it any wonder that I worry so much and am verging on the brink of paranoia. At the moment the world outside my little house seems like such an ugly place. Will it ever improve?

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics